Tuesday, August 4, 2009

My Gramp- RIP

It still doesn't even feel real. It still feels like I'm going to wake up from a bad dream. I was just thinking last week that with all of the tragedies that happen every day to so many families in this world...the odds are against us....it will happen to us one day, and I was scared.
It happened on Saturday morning- August 1st. My gramp walked his dog Brandie and the neighbors dog Freddy every morning. He was making his usual move across the very busy Rancho Bernardo Road when he was hit and killed by a car. Even as I'm writing this it doesn't feel real...it feels like I'm remembering a story I watched on the news that happened to a different family.
My gramp was honestly THE best man I have ever met, and I am SO honored that he was my gramp. I can't say that he was more than a grandpa to me, but he was....he was the BEST grandpa. He was there for me WHENEVER I needed him without any questions asked. There was no question that he loved his family and his friends....he would do anything for anyone. He was so generous and giving as well. He donated all of his life to helping people....that is what he was truly passionate. Though it is hard to see what good has come of this tragedy...I believe that more will see his good deeds and how generous and good he was, and wish to follow his lead. I miss you very much, Gramp! I love you!
gramprip by you.
Maddie and Gramp 2009

5 comments:

  1. I'm so, so sorry to hear about your Grandpa Beki. What a tragic accident and it sounds like a great loss! Sending healing thoughts your way...

    ReplyDelete
  2. My heart has been so hurting for you since I read this on FB a few hours ago. Hugs & prayers. :( I am so so sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i have been so deeply saddened for you. you were just talking about him, and how amazing he was. i know that his heart has impacted you. i also know words don't bring comfort, but i definitely pray that God comforts your broken heart in this time.

    love ya beks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beki - I am soooo sorry to hear about your grandpa. He was such a great guy! I want you to know that my thoughts and prayers are with you. Love you so much beck
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Beki, I am so sorry to hear the sad news of your granpa's passsing. Your words are a powerful testimony of his great love of people and your photographs also hold much love and joy for life....as he passed the torch. My prayers and thoughts are with you and yours. -Rosie

    ReplyDelete